Friday, April 1, 2011

Hop along...a tribute to Martin Poppelwell.

Oh Martin - I loved your bedlinen - I miss sleeping on 500 thread count percales encrusted with illustrious illustrations of diamonds and the like.  The closest I will be to diamonds in the bedroom possibly ever.  Alas I digress.... MP is one of my favourite tributes to New Zealand art - quirky without being kitsch, and entirely original.  He hasn't sold out to commercial enterprise - I hardly think that releasing a few of his designs to be embellished upon New Zealand made Esther Diamond art cushions could be accused of exploiting commercial markets.  He saw the light when Esther Diamond as a company met with their demise when revered and talented director Sandi Reefman left to do her own thing - and I am waiting with bated breath for Sandi and Martin to collaborate and release some exciting new bundles of fluff.  In the interim, showcasing one of the last of the bunny small drum lampshades - is one of the latest acquisitions... solid wood turned lampbase...we could be convinced to part with this is $35NZD... for the lamp base - the sublime bunny shade [ the very last one in Ebony/Snow ] is $180NZD.




The napkins - I don't think they are going to go anywhere but my top drawer at home.  Bless you MP and get drawing on cushions, walls, lampshades for Homage again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment